I wasn’t a fan of curry growing up. Now I can eat it with a spoon! Tonight, I was craving curry and pulled this off only using what I had on hand. A win-win! It’s also a one skillet easy quick meal. I used bone- in chicken thighs though boneless skinless would have been easier to eat!
• 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
• 1 onion chopped
• 2 garlic cloves minced
• 1 inch fresh ginger minced
• 4 chicken thighs
• 2 zucchinis sliced & quartered
• 1 T curry powder
• 1 t cumin
• 1 can chopped tomatoes drained
• I can full fat coconut milk
• 1 handful of cilantro chopped
• Salt & pepper
1. Sauté onion, garlic, and ginger
2. Add chicken when onions are soft. Brown chicken 5-8 minutes per side. Less if you use boneless skinless.
3. Add zucchinis and spices.
4. Next add tomatoes and coconut milk.
5. Simmer 20 minutes.
6. Salt & pepper to taste.
7. Garnish with cilantro.
It’s delicious and filling. I served it over rice for my family.